Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

You can't go wrong with Pumpkin and Chocolate Chips
these are perfect for the Holiday Season.
 These are amazingly awesome cookies I hope you enjoy them one day!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I rarely use a recipe without tweaking it so I've included my tweaks in italics, you can use them or not. So without further adieu...


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 Cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 egg (or Egg Replacer)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (I doubled the vanilla)
4 cups all-purpose flour (I used about half ww flour and half all-purpose)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon (I also added a teaspoon pumpkin pie spice)
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips (I used 3 cups)


Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated suger in a bowl until light and flutty. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on to a cookie sheet. (I always make gigantic cookies so I dropped them with a large spoon, probably at least double what the recipes suggests.) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (because my cookies were so much bigger they cooked for at least 15 minutes, but I kept an eagle eye on them. I also decreased the temp to about 325.) Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove to the wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 10 dozen cookies. (I got about30 gigantic cookies from this recipe, it's quite a big recipe.)



We're melting!!!!

BIG cookie!!!




Good enough to EAT!!!
The name of the cookbook is
Sweet Endings published by Favorite Recipes Press.

 


Kristi
 
Don't forget my GIVEAWAY, Click HERE if you haven't already entered.
 
And check back all day long for more fun!

7 comments :

  1. OMG, pumking chocolate chip? Yummmm. I's so ready! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy - great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you add an extra cup of choc chips to the original recipe. My kind of girl! You can never have too much chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two extra cans of pumpkins and a huge bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips. I know what I'm going to be making today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! If it has pumpkin it sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.