Friday, November 9, 2012

Every Leaf Is A Flower

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
George Eliot

Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.
Albert Camus
 Autumn is my favorite season.  I was born on the first day of autumn.  I look my best in autumn colors and not surprisingly I love to design autumn colored jewelry.

Here are a couple of earrings I've designed with leaf head pins from Havana Beads.   Kristi Bowman was the first to tell me about Havana Beads and at the time, Havana Beads only sold lampwork glass. She has now added a great line of ceramic beads, too.
Havana Beads headpins, smoky quartz, carnelian, & antiqued brass.
I was able to feature both Havana Beads and Sue Beads in this pair of earrings.  Sue has now introduced a line of enamel jewelry components, in addition to her lampwork beads.
.
Leaf headpins by Havana Beads. Green beads with silver highlights by Sue Beads. Small sterling silver beads.

So, now that I've shared a few ways that autumn leaves have inspired my designs, I'll leave you with a little eye candy from the artists I mentioned above.  I hope these selections will help inspire your own autumn designs.

12 comments :

  1. Beautiful earrings! LOVE all the components you have showcased here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely showcase Linda - nature is so inspiring at this tie of year especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is my favorite too, but it's way too short. Beautiful earrings and love the components too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Linda, I love those arrings you know I love the HavanaBeads headpins and SueBeads little enamel leaves too! Thank you for sharing some of my copper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your earrings are gorgeous, as always! Thanks so much for showing my leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! And it was my pleasure to show off you lampies and enamel work!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful earrings! Thanks for mentioning my lampwork and ceramic beads, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raida, I've bought 3 or 4 different types of glass headpins from you and I love them all!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous Autumn showcase. You really summed up seasons of mists and mellow fruitfulness in beads and jewellery,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your earrings are amazing and so is all that eye candy!!! I am an autumn girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful earrings and beads! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.