Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Days til Christmas?

I know it is flying by and normally I am opposed to any talk of Christmas until after Thanksgiving dinner but the one thing I do tend (although I have as yet to start) to think about before is ornaments.  Over the years I have made most of the ornaments that decorate our tree.  Mostly they are cross stitched or quilted as those were my hobbies prior to picking up my seeds.  So as thinking what would I make if I were to actually find the time this year so I picked some of my favorites to show you.


Helena's stars are amazing! Check out her shop


Oh and click here if you want to spike it up
 

I totally fell in love with this little ball by Skunk Hill Studio!

I love this one from Violetbead.  I always wanted to find a use for these flattened bulbs.

And finally from ChristmasCreation I would love love love to make this one!


Do you make your own ornaments?
 
Kristen

7 comments :

  1. Wow Kristen you've found some beauties!!! I agree with you, the talk of you know what starts earlier and earlier every year. It's crazy! That said, I love seeing these beautiful handmade ornaments, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen those are beautiful and so much nicer than commercial ones. I made my first ornament for a swap this year and I have to say, I might just do more. Ilove the idea of having a new handmade ornament to add to a collection each year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen all but the last two, and they are all stunning! Great job on finding more beauties for me to drool over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Those are amazing! I've made a few ornaments over the years, but not very many. If I could do that, I might :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen,
    I love all of those pattern very nice. I usually make a couple beaded ornaments every year for the past 4 years for the tree and for gifts.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to see a christmas tree with ornaments like these! One time I made christmas tree with knitted angels - it was natural tree with only white ornaments... Effect was absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen, what a fabulous collection of ornaments! I am soooo tickled that you decided to include my little red beaded bead.

    I do love creating beaded Christmas ornaments, and try to come up with a new design every year.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.