Sunday, November 4, 2012

Color Collaboration Fun

Wow talk about lazy Sunday morning - I nearly forgot to post today! (Thank you Diana for the reminder - doh!).

Just a few photos to share in some of the collaboration fun between Genea, my daughter Nellie, and me. The three of us were chatting about doing color palette "matchies" (Genea's term)... the result is what you see here... fiber wire, ceramic flowers (I'm still working on some of the other colors!) and Genea's "Bright Earth" color way.


Here's Genea's Bright Earth Wing Dings and the Fiber Batts Nellie made
(hand dyed and carded, ready for spinning)...



Here's the fiber after spun into FiberWire, and a closer look at Genea's Wing Dings...



And my ceramic flowers, made up into a sweet bracelet by Genea, 
with a Tin Snips toggle by Lorelei


Here's the flower colors I've made so far... still working on perfecting green/yellow colors!

I hope this inspires you to try your own collaboration project with your favorite art buddies!


7 comments :

  1. Mmmmm so delicious! Look how teeny my beads look against the batts! I LOVE your flowers! I'm excited for you do to some more color testing on them. I can't wait to get my fiber wire! xoxo Genea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Karen--this is so BEAUTIFUL and exciting--and inspiring. I love all of it! Your colorful flowers are spectacular! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flower bracelet...and I love all of the beads of Genea's and the fiberwire. I want to experience using each of this...hopefully my show is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love collaborations!!! I think the bringing together of 2 or more amazing artists is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I love your color combination. Now I'm motivated to make beads in those colors.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.