Monday, August 19, 2013

Bedecked for Bead Fest!

Every year before Bead Fest I go a little nuts trying to choose just the right outfits.  It took me a little longer than usual this year to find just what I wanted.

I found a great earthy blouse and short-sleeved cardigan from Ann Taylor Loft and I knew I needed to dig into my leaf beads for it...
The focal bead on the bracelet is a new design and is double-sided. These will debut at the show in both copper patina and root beer glazes. There's also a cute swirl bead on the necklace from Starry Road Studio.  Both pieces were strung on waxed linen from White Clover Kiln.  I really loved working with it!

These summer-inspired earrings feature ceramic crabs by Firefly Design Studio and my own stoneware sailboat charms.  They'll be part of my nautical outfit.
Originally, I had a cute navy blue dress with orange seahorses on it.  The dress is too big now thanks to all the cycling I've done this summer.  I did find a replacement navy blue blouse.  Since the blouse is sleeveless I designed a bracelet for it...

I included an amazing bronze urchin from THEA Elements and an assortment of my own porcelain and stoneware pieces.  I didn't have any orange beads to match the crabs so I substituted with red instead.

Sunday's outfit will include my favorite necklace from Staci Klinger Smith.

Will you be bedecked for Bead Fest?

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

4 comments :

  1. I'll probably be in a t-shirt, but save one of those double-sided leaves for me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you plan so far in advance. Me? Not so much. I don't have a clue what I'll be wearing. And definitely will not have matching jewelry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will look amazing as always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG what a pretty Bracelets. This is my first time to this site but my friend has told me about your work and you are very very good!
    Bead bracelets

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.