Monday, August 26, 2013

Silhouette Cameo Class with Wanaree Tanner

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to take part in a Silhouette Cameo Class with Wanaree Tanner at a wonderful place in my area called The Ranch Center for Arts and Crafts.

It was quite an intense class but so much fun!!
Wanaree is a wonderful and generous teacher and a whole lotta fun!!

I wasn't feeling well that weekend so didn't take as many photos as usual but here are a few of my pieces in process.


This was on the second day, I had attached the bail and it was drying.
Very close to being ready for the kiln!


Another view.


Here is a picture showing the beautiful stone I was going to set in this piece.


Me playing with scratch foam, love that stuff!!


Class picture!

Here's the finished piece. I'm still debating if I want to leave it shiny or give it some patina.
What do you think?




Kristi

13 comments :

  1. Patina! As much as I love shiny pieces, you can't see as much detail without the patina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Kristi - I'm desperately trying to get through my 'must do' list so that I can soend some time aquainting myself with my Cameo..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi-Beautiful colors and patterns together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Kristi! That's a gorgeous stone. I'd be inclined to patina, too, as I think it'll bring out the colors in the stone. I should really unpackage my cameo and I guess wing it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! I love that stone. Is it labradorite? That is my favorite with its mystery. What a great class! I would love to make my own bezels. I just don't know where to start. I think you should patina this. It will make the details really pop. I do some work with scratch foam. I would like to start building hand carved molds. Thanks for sharing this eye candy today! Such inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I agree that patina would help bring out all that gorgeous detail in the bezel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful setting and lab! Gorgeous job....and I definitely think some patina is in order, brings out the tiny details more. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is gorgeous! I agree that patina eould help highlight the texture...and you can always remove it, if you don't like the appearance! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.