Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Inspirations

As hard as it is to believe, the end of 2013 is right around the corner... and it turns out I'm already behind the curve in planning for 2014. How is that possible?? I've been working on updating my teaching outlines for next year, trying to figure out what workshops I want to offer and what techniques I need to concentrate on fine tuning in the next few months.

In the course of making those lists, I realized that I really have been a little too indulgent of my "magpie" tendencies this year. One of the good things about working in an art studio is that you are constantly exposed to new ideas and techniques... and one of the bad things about working in an art studio is that you are constantly exposed to new ideas and techniques! In talking over my plans for the coming year with a good friend, it became clear that I need to spend some time focusing on the "girl that brought me" - the thing that attracted me to jewelry-making in the first place: metal.

So I've spent some time drooling over researching metalwork over the last couple of weeks, soaking up inspiration in preparation for my upcoming Metal Retreat in Trout Lake, Washington (there's one spot left!!), and remembering why I fell in love with metal in the first place.





In addition to the Metal Retreat, I'm taking a class with Richard Salley in October (sooooooo excited!!) and I'm seriously looking at ways to get back to basics. What about you? How are you planning for 2014?

* * * * * * * * * * *

Congratulations to our guest designers for the September Component of the Month! Each designer will receive one of Lesley Watts' gorgeous "seed pods" to play with. And the winners are...

Claire Lockwood
Cate of Fulgorine
and
Erin Prais-Hintz

Check back at the end of September to see what they do with Lesley's wonderful components!

Until next time -


3 comments :

  1. Lovely eye candy. I'm trying not to look too hard, because metal is on my list of new techniques that I don't have time for YET.

    Soooo excited about the seed pod!

    Thanks,
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you are organised Francesca - I just seem to pedaling faster and faster to keep up with 2013 and I can't believe we're 2/3rd of the way through. I should probably do something about my magpie tendencies too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are organized!!! I can not wait to see what comes out from your retreat!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.