Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tiny Bead Obsession!

In my last post, I showed off the very first bead embroidered piece I've made in several years.  After I finished that pendant, I found a matching pair of tiny stoneware cabochons.  Earrings happened!

I encountered several problems while making them.  I had to rip the thread out more times then I can count.  At first that really annoyed me but then I realized how much I learned from having to do some of the sections over and over again.
Since I made these earrings, I've completed another pendant and started on a third one.  I really want to make a big cuff bracelet though.  For the bracelet, I plan to use some of the techniques featured in Dimensional Bead Embroidery.
This is Jamie Cloud Eakin's second book.  It contains lots of wonderful techniques that I'm just drooling over! I can't wait to take the plunge and try more complicated work!

Happy Beading!

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio

5 comments :

  1. Ilove that you are obsessing I have Jamies book and use many of her techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best bead embroidery book! Have fun playing with the different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on the earrings. I love the look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your earrings! I really need to try bead embroidery… it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful earring Diana, I am glad that you are having fun with bead embroidery.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.