Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Trip to the Innovative Bead Expo

On Saturday, I took a trip to the Innovative Bead Expo in Edison, NJ.  I've been to this small show several times over the last few years and while I don't go as often anymore it's not bad if you are in need of general supplies/findings.
The show is split into two rooms.  This is the view of the larger room from the entrance.  You'll find mostly gemstones, findings and mass-produced beads at Innovative.  There are a few vendors carrying art beads but no where near the amount you find at large shows.
I ran into a few friends as I walked the show floor and oogled some cool blown glass beads (forgot to get a photo of those).
Even though I wasn't planning on spending money (yeah, ok...not spend money at a bead show. LOL!) I was drawn into Eureka Crystal Bead's booth.  They carry a large selection of Czech glass which I'm a sucker for.  I picked out some things I "needed" and headed back to the main room.

Back in the main room was a table filled with the most wonderful wood beads EVER!  Here, see for yourself...
Oooooo!
Ahhhh!  These beads are created by a very nice couple (with a super cute baby) who run a company called Moore Amelioration Woodwork.  I chatted with them for awhile and then decided I "needed" some of their beads as well.  After I paid for my super cool new wood beads it was time to head home.

Now I'm sure you want to see my stash...
An assortment of Czech glass that I'll use for earrings.
Delightful wood beads from Moore Amelioration Woodwork.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

5 comments :

  1. That is a super cool stash!!! The innovative show is the only one that comes close to me so I am sure when I come to Bead Fest I will totally be blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great. I just love wood beads

    ReplyDelete
  3. TeeHee... I'm glad you were able to buy those items you "needed"... whatever is required to deal with our addictions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that Czech glass stash is amazing...I think you resisted the urge to buy stacks more very well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Bead Fest wasn't right around the corner I would have come home with most of the table of wood beads, lol!

      Delete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.