Thursday, May 14, 2015

Trends for Summer 2015

I love browsing through the trend forecasts for the coming year, I never do anything about it, but I like to think that one day I might be organised enough to be right there at the front with the latest style.

Today I’d like to share some of my favourites from the lists.

A new way to wear an old favourite
This year, brooches are the must have accessory. I love how they are being worn here, they’re not just for your lapel!
This handmade wooden brooch would be perfect to wear on your sleeve.

Handmade wooden brooch by AnnaWiscombe
Or how about a quirky blue ceramic sausage dog?

Ceramic Sausage dog by CherishCeramics
Another great trend for this year is mismatched earrings… here at the AJE Team, we’re streets ahead of the trends, as this idea featured in Diana’s mismatched earring blog hop some time ago. She made this fun pair back in 2012

Mismatched Earrings by Diana Ptaszynski
There are no limits to this trend, this pair has been handmade from Sterling Silver. I love the contrast between the sleek silver and the grungy dark metal.

Mismatched Earrings by RevolutionBA
Featuring in many of this years designs is brass. Big and chunky or delicate and dainty, many of the top designers are creating designs with this wonderful warm metal.

Ethiopian Brass Spacers by KofisAfricanBeads
It’s great for etching too…

Brass Cuff by AnnaMcDade
For some great inspiration for what you can do with etching, Lesley has a great blog post here!

Another trend I’m looking forward to is hippy style. Big, bold and bright designs are going to be making a comeback this year.

Create your own design with these gorgeous beads from Genea.

Electric Lime Lentils by Genea
Or go for an ethnic feel with these fairy ribbons.

Silk Ribbons from MarshaNealStudio
And to finish off, my favourite of the lot, statement pendants. This year, bigger is better!

Micro Mosaic Bee by Izovella

Boho Statement pendant by Narimcrafts
Ceramic Necklace by JoelleBCreations

So what creations do you have planned for the summer? Me, I have lots, but knowing my organisational skills, they won't be ready until Christmas!




2 comments :

  1. Some very cool stuff here - I could be in danger of being on trend for the first time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big pendants? Yes!!! Bring 'em on baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.