Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Book Review - Creative Designs Using Shaped Beads

Today I am so happy to bring you a review of Anna Elizabeth Draeger's book....
http://www.kalmbachstore.com/67028.html

Jennifer is a regular reviewer for Kalmbach Publishing and she asked me if I would review this one because well she does not play with seed beads.  I was more than happy to do it because I am a huge fan of all the new shaped beads that are coming out.

Anna covers so many of the shaped beads in this book from cubes to gumdrops.

I really loved putting this bead together!

I was trilled to be able to play with the rizo beads I had in my stash to create the tiny little beads in this bracelet featuring one of Rebekah's oh so sweet sleepy critters.

Did you see I also played with waxed linen?  What a fun fiber to play with.

All of Anna's instructions are easy peasy to follow and the illustrations make it that much better.  With all the projects in this book she has really sparked my creativity in incorporating her designs as well as taking some of her ideas to the next level.  I do wish I could personally thank her.

Oh yes and I need to share with you one of my favorite designs.

In her book she also shows alternative designs using similar shapes.  The one in the book featured tila beads (which I started with but that will have to wait for a later post) or you could use Czechmate tile beads instead.

If you are starting out playing with shaped beads I do highly recommend this book as one you should have as a jumping off point.

http://kristen-beadjourney.blogspot.com/


3 comments :

  1. I love that first bead with the gumdrops in it, LOVE! Looks like you had fun playing with the designs in this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Kristen for reviewing this book. I already have it on my want list but, it is fun t o see what you made from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that delicate pink necklace! This sounds like a book right up my alley....heading off to add it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.