Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A little help from our friends...

John, Paul, Ringo and George said:
"How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you're on your own)
No, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, gonna to try with a little help from my friends..."


Today was Sue's day to post, and she couldn't make it... I don't have anything really witty or inspiring to say - except that I am very grateful for this network of friends. Online friends, real live friends, old friends, new friends, far friends, near friends... ( Are you hearing Dr Seuss in your head? You should be. )

This is the inside of my kiln. The wiring, the controls, the guts and brain simultaneously. Its been broken for going on a month now. My friend Marsha has been helping me trouble shoot the problems and repair as she has the same kiln, and is generous and supportive like that. 

This is a rather goofy pix of me - loading my pendants into Marsha's kiln. Because she stepped up to loan me kiln space as I have a few deadlines and commitments looming. And she gave me coffee. 

These are the treasures unloaded from her kiln this morning. Can you see my ear to ear grin? Because all is well, pieces are ready, I will make a proper showing at my first Spring Arts festival. And I have new designs in there to show to loyal returning customers.

 So - I get by with a little help from my friends. And I am glad to help a friend if I can... 
Do tell - what tool/equipment would you be completely stuck without? What friend do you want to thank for saving the day? 


Headed back to the studio... See you Friday for my regularly scheduled post... 
Jenny


www.jdaviesreazor.com


3 comments :

  1. I was happy to help you out! Glad to have you over a couple of times in that many days to quick chat & have coffee. Almost like being in a studio again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One friend, two friend, red friend, blue friend...sorry couldn't resist continuing with the Dr. Seuss theme. I am so very thankful I have found such supportive artistic friends to network with via blogs, fb, forums etc. I am also thankful for my "in person" friends who are always here to pick me up when I stumble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love friends!!!!! We love you too!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.