Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Creative Space(s)

So I have been, well to say slightly jealous would be a total understatement , of everyone showing their studios and the ones some are building.  So I thought I would give you a peek into my (cough cough) studio.

Here is where I get all my supplies.  I have half the linen closet for storage of all my beading supplies.  The rest is (hangs head in shame) seriously neglected cross-stitch, quilting and paper crafting supplies.

I was going to take the shot before I tidied up but I just couldn't do it.  So this is pretty much how I keep it AFTER losing something or putting supplies away when I can not find what I thought I had.  

Here is where I do my social media.  Sounds really important right?  NOT I usually just catch up with my FB buds and get very distracted.  Luckily this chair is not comfy because I would be time sucked in all day if it was.

Here is where the magic happens.  LOL I know so many beaders that bead at a desk and when I am taking pictures for a tutorial I often use my Social Media desk (aka dining room table) but it is just not as comfy as where I do most of my beading.   See the custom molded section of the couch?  It took quite a few hours to get it just this perfect for my big butt!  I have threads, cutters, needles and my flash drive in the heart box. See my light?  If not for that I would not be able to bead in the evening while enjoying family time. 

Here is my tray where all the ADD ideas and projects that need to be finished reside.

So after reviewing all the amazing studios out there and dreaming of a sweet just for me creative space I discover this is it!  I am very happy with what I have!
Thank you for taking a tour into my creative space(s) with me.

Kristen

12 comments :

  1. Hey, most jewelers I know started on their kitchen tables - no shame in that at all!! And I could show you a photo of my social media station (aka chaise lounge in the living room) with an equally perfectly sculpted spot for my derriere! Cute post - thanks for showing us where you work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was trying to think of a better word for butt and you nailed it!!! Thank you for enjoying this fun little post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen - this is perfect !!! A wonderful place to create and be just as comfortable as you can be !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet how you have incorporated your art into your regular household space and have a nice comfy spot to sit. I wish I could do that with Ceramics - unfortunately it will always be relegated to a garage or separate space for health precautions (clay dust and glaze chemicals). No comfy chairs there! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do see why you need a studio and that is awesome because I would love to be able to create the gorgeousness you do but I really like my comfy couch! LOL

      Delete
  5. I admire your compact work area. I have my stuff spread all over. You must have really good eyesight. I have to have a high intensity lamp with a magnifier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to point out my ott light didn't I! LOL I have to keep it compact or it would drive me crazy!

      Delete
  6. I loved this peek into where the magic happens! I'll think of you in this context now whenever I see one of your marvelous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx for showing your studio. I do most of my beading in a lazyboy recliner. I covered a piece of plywood (with foam stapled on the edge) with fabric. The board sits perfectly across the chair arms. I have a roller card in front of me where I set the board when I want to get up. I can also sit forward and use the board on the cart so I use different positions. My tools are in a lazy-susan on the window ledge. I'm glad to know that others bead in the livingroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Your space looks like mine...except for the fact that yours is cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahahahahaha! Love your custom molded comfy chair ;-) You're lucky that your studio doesn't take up gobs of space.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.