Monday, April 15, 2013

Highlights from Bead Fest Spring

On Saturday, I attended Bead Fest Spring in PA.
This is a much smaller show than the one held in August.  There are less art beads and more imported beads for sale here.  The good news is you can find several gems including Green Girl StudiosHMB Studios and D7 Studio.  If you need an art bead fix, you can get it from these great vendors!
Greg was holding down the fort at Green Girl and I picked up a new addition to my collection and a copy of his new book.  He was also kind enough to sign it for me.  Thanks Greg!

I also spent a few minutes over at D7.  There is Darlene making sure the booth stays full of pretty things (including LOTS of art beads).  Here's a few of the wonderful things that Darlene carries...
Gorgeous lampwork!
You need suede?  She has a wall of suede!
There is also a HUGE collection of Marsha Neal beads!
Step away from the beads Dianne!  I can hear your wallet sobbing!

Around 3:30 I met up with Melinda Orr and chatted with her until the bead swap was starting.  At 4:30 I drew the pairs and everyone swapped their art beads.

A few of us then headed over to the mall and had dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery.
It was great seeing my friends, swapping beads and just catching up.  It makes me extra anxious for Bead Fest August when sooooooo many more of us will get together to celebrate our addiction....errrrr....love of beads.

Happy Beading!

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

7 comments :

  1. Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful time! Looks like you had lots of fun. Oh, and thanks a lot for reminding me of Green Girl Studios. I have not been there for a while. I fell in love with these adorable little dragons and a funny little gargoyle and I am still not done "looking". My wallet is hiding in fear of losing what little weight it has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! A bit jealous here.... in a good way <3! nice to see some pics of the ladies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! I could use a good BeadFest right now (though my wallet would disagree!). Can't wait until August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! So sorry I missed out, but I will be there next year! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.