Monday, November 10, 2014

Faerie Finery: The Handcrafted Jewelry of FaerieCon

I just got back from spending my weekend at FaerieCon East.  What is FaerieCon? "FaerieCon is a fantasy convention, featuring artists and authors working in the genre.  It's known for its Masquerade balls and marketplace of artist/makers."~Jenny Davies-Reazor

Yesterday, the last day of the show, I took a final walk through the vendors and chose several to share with our readers.  I hope you enjoy a peek inside this fabulous world...

One of the first booths I stopped at was Crafty Celts.  Crafty Celts creates historically inspired Irish and Viking-style jewelry out of sterling silver, bronze and copper.  Their work was featured on the History channels "Vikings".  I'm considering a Viking costume for next renfaire season and this shop will certainly be on my mind for accessories. 

The next vendor that caught my eye was Twisted Bliss Designs.  Twisted Bliss Designs specializes in sterling silver wire-wrapped jewelry.  I was very impressed by their wire-wrapping skills.  Incredibly detailed, especially the fabulous headpieces. Unfortunately, many of my photos came out blurry so you should check out their Etsy shop to see more of their beautiful work.

Seeing Vagabond Metalworks in person was a true gem.  I was blown away and very inspired by Kest Schwartzman's metalsmithing.  Organic and eccentric, I just loved this work.  In addition to amazing metal jewelry, Kest also creates spectacular metal masks...
I wish I could've come home with all of them!


For those of you that love polymer and resin, Art of Joanne Schempp had these wonderful dragon egg pendants for sale.  Joanne carved the original dragon egg and cast a mold. Then she used polymer clay to create the eggs and set and domed them in gorgeous blingy metal pendants using resin.  

My friend Lithia, owner of Lithia's Creations, was vending again this year.  Lithia recently started creating pretty soldered pendants by upcyling broken plates and tea cups.  She also had some art bead jewelry this year including those pretty dragonfly necklaces featuring pendants from Round Rabbit.

And for our metal clay fans, the stunning work of Silvan Arts was on display.  Silvan Arts features nature-inspired jewelry crafted from metal clay, with many of the pieces incorporating gorgeous gemstones.  If you'd like to see more of their work, visit their Etsy shop.


And last, but certainly not least was AJE's own Jenny Davies-Reazor.  How else did you think I knew about this event?  Jenny has been vending FaerieCon for several years and she had a wonderful display with her pendants, necklaces and tiles.  

I hope you enjoyed this little peek inside FaerieCon's jewelry vendors!  I can't wait to enter the realm of magic again next year!

Happy Beading!

Diana P.







4 comments :

  1. Wow I would so love to go to this event, I love all the pretties you showed us! Thank you for sharing such a fun show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing us round, it looks like a brilliant event... just to see all of those amazing artists in one place must have been great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, all stunning work, but I am particularly drawn to the metal designs of Twisted Sister. And our own Ms. Reazor-Davies' work too!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.