Monday, February 18, 2013

A Wickedly Good Time

On Saturday, I attended Wicked Faire and The Time Traveler's Resort about 45 minutes from my house.  The best way I can describe this event is sort of an indoor Renaissance Faire and Steampunk event gone wild.  It's the perfect escape from the cold winter weather!

These conventions always have lots of vendors selling a wide range of things; clothing, gadgets, food, artwork and jewelry.  Two of my jewelry friends happened to be vending this event so I spent a good deal of my day hanging out with them.

First up is my friend Dianne Miller of W Jewelry Designs.  Dianne creates a wide range of jewelry from bead embroidery to wirework to mixed-media.
 Some of Dianne's gorgeous bead-stitched bracelets.
 An amazing bead-embroidered collar necklace.
I love her beaded beads and wire-work pieces!

Also selling her wares at Wicked is my friend Lithia Knopp of Lithia's Creations.
 Lithia specializes in jewelry with a goth and fantasy flair.
I love Lithia's bullet pendants.  She etches bullet casings and then turns them into beaded pendants.
Like a darker theme to your jewelry?  Lithia's work is perfect for you!
Lithia's husband John, is quite talented with leatherwork.  He makes backpacks, pouches, flasks and an assortment of holsters (including fun ones that hold beer bottles).

This is one of the best parts about these events....so many wonderful goods to choose from.

I got in on the action and made a mixed-media necklace to wear with my Steampunk outfit.  It features a porcelain kraken tentacle, porcelain beads and an assortment of vintage bits, bobs and chain.
And if you are curious as to what I wore this weekend, you'll just have to check my blog in a day or so for a Wicked Faire run-down!

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

8 comments :

  1. How wickedly awesome!!! I love both of your friends work and so can not wait to see what you wore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an awesome venue! I can only imagine what you wore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love your friends' jewelry! And your piece is pretty amazing, I don't think I've ever seen a piece like that made by you - tres cool! Sounds like you had a great time! Did husband go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin doesn't do Cosplay. He stayed at home and enjoyed a day with the cats.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had fun and got to hang out with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this post has so many stunning pieces in it, I'm definitely in heaven. I love the 7th pic from the bottom of the necklace...wow is she a beauty, and the earrings just below are fabulous. An that pickle necklace is to cute!! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fantastic day out! I love the bullet casing pendants - a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.