Monday, July 6, 2015

Tropical Bracelet Redo

I hopped a cruise ship to Bermuda yesterday.  Before I left I wanted to make a few extra pieces of jewelry to bring with me.  

I had made this bracelet earlier in the year to wear on the bead cruise but found that I had selected some beads that made it too heavy and the waxed linen began to stretch.  
Original bracelet
While it's a really cute bracelet, I couldn't have it expanding in size on me so I took it apart.  It turns out that it also contained some beads that went really well with a dress I purchased for my Bermuda cruise.
Dress Fabric
There were so many wonderful colors in this print to work with; aqua, cobalt, yellow, pink... I began pulling out lots of wood, lucite, shell and art beads to play with!
Messy Desk
Then I remembered I had some memory wire and thought it would be fun (and easy) to work with that.  After lots of pulling out beads, putting back beads, pulling out more beads, I had a finished bracelet!
Finished bracelet
I used art beads (bronze, ceramic & polymer), wood, brass, czech glass and shells.
Art beads
I'm really happy with the finished piece.  Although I do miss the original bracelet, this works so well with my sundress!  

Art Beads
Polymer: Humblebeads
Bronze: THEA Elements 

The next time a piece of jewelry doesn't quite work out the way you hoped, take it apart!  You'll find inspiration elsewhere...maybe even in a sundress!

Happy Beading!

8 comments :

  1. Wow all of those beads work really well together. Beautiful design :)

    Claire xo
    Beads Jar UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to reinvent things. Your peice came out very nice. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the original...but, that is a fabulous re-do! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too but it was just stretching and stretching and it never hung quite right. I'll probably take that design, tweak it and do something in a similar style with other beads.

      Delete
  4. Diana, that is just perfect for your dress! I love memory wire bracelets, especially in summer. And, you can use more beads! Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your remade bracelet! I can see that it will look great with your dress.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.