Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Peek Inside Berks Bead Bazaar

Last weekend I had the pleasure of vending at Berks Bead Bazaar in Reading, PA.  This is a smaller show with a focus on art beads and high quality components and gemstones.
Here's my table (with Colin holding down the fort).  I debuted lots of new designs at the show.
I was thrilled that I was in between Staci Smith and Jenny Davies-Reazor's tables.  We're all friends so it made the weekend that much more fun!  Shout-out to Staci's daughter, Julia.  She had a little table to sell her beads at and we had lots of laughs together.

And here is some eye candy from the show...
Enameled beads by Gardanne Glass Lampwork and gorgeous bead weaving by Sleepless Beader/Leslie Rogalski.
Stunning ceramic beads by Tracey Donoughe.
Fun charms from MyElements and delightful lampwork headpins by Laura Drosner Schreiber.
Yummy lampwork hollows from Louise Mehaffey.
Cabochons as far as the eye can see by Greg Graupp.
Silks and lampwork focals by McGinithen GlassWorks.

And this wasn't even everything!  I was having so much fun I didn't take nearly as many photos as I should have.  I highly recommend that if you are in the area next year, you come out and shop Berks! You'll have no problem finding special pieces to use in your jewelry!

Thanks to Joan and Louise for hosting this wonderful show!

Happy Beading!

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

5 comments :

  1. Hi Diana,
    I just heard about this great show via everyone blogging! Oh dear, I missed it, and we live right around the corner in Delaware. It looks like there were awesome beads from all of my favorites! Do you know when the next exhibit will be? I'd be thrilled to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, but I live far away. Would love to attend....but just bought some beads from Staci Smith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it was only a little later in the year! Reading is just a little too far to go for a day trip, unless the days are long, and the weather, um, good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! Hope it was wildly successful.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.