Saturday, January 19, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Reveal #1

Welcome to the first AJE Earring Challenge Reveal!  The AJE team has had so much fun these past two weeks watching our Pinterest earring challenge board go from the first few pinnings to a  large and delightful collection of your wonderful handmade earrings.  Such a bounty of creative and talented designers!

It was hard to choose just a few earrings to highlight.  But here goes:

Kumi Fisher's handmade fold-formed earrings caught my eye early on.  This is a technique I'd like to learn someday.  The deep texture and the way the leaves reflect the light delights me. I love the pop of green on the stems, too.


Lampwork artist, Emma Kilroy created these pretty disc earrings.  I was especially drawn to the color combination in the handmade disc beads that Emma made.


Regina Santerre calls these "Celebration Earrings".  I love how these colors pop together!  She's got the whole Pantone Spring colors thing going on here too.  I would feel like celebrating too, every time wore this happy duo.  The ceramic beads are by Keith O'Conner and Regina made the contemporary ear wires herself.


Kashmira Patel made these fun earrings using wooden altered art charms from J-Lynn Jewels.  I loved the clever way she braided the turquoise seed beads on leather.  Sweet!


I'm such a sucker for hedgehogs, so I couldn't help but choose these earrings made by Jennifer Cameron for her daughter.  Besides the adorable polymer clay hedgies by Humble Beads, I loved how Jen used mismatched, but coordinating, ceramic components by Starry Road Studio.



I want to encourage everyone to click on the thumbnails below and visit other blogs to get your fill of handmade earring inspiration.  Please take time to leave a little comment, as all of the artists have worked hard on their creations and have invested something of themselves in what they have designed.

If you have your own blog, please include a link back to this AJE post, encouraging people to continue visiting other blogs to see more earrings

How-To Section for Challenge Participants:


How to link up:


1.  Click the "You're Next" button below.  Follow the prompts. It will ask for a link to your earring post.
2.  If you have a blog, please link to the specific post about your earrings (not the blog's home page).  Make sure the blog post credits the maker of the artisan components in your earrings.
3.  If you don't have a blog, you can link to your Pinterest picture, a picture on Facebook, Flickr, your shop, etc.  You will need to link up once for each picture you have posted.  Do not link up to your home page.   Link to the specific earring picture.  Make sure your picture credits the maker of the artisan components in your earrings.

Additional info for our next earring reveal:


1.  Try to take the clearest pictures possible.  Since so much of the AJE blog is visual, we will be more likely to highlight pictures that are in focus and not under-exposed (too dark).
2.  Please start dating the pictures that you add to the AJE Earring Challenge Pinterest board.  We only want  to highlight earrings on the AJE blog that were added in the last 2 weeks, so from now on, all pins be must be dated.
3.  Make sure your earring pins credit the maker of the artisan components in your earrings.
4. If you post your earrings on your blog, please include a link back to the AJE blog encouraging people to continue visiting other blogs to see more earrings 
5.  The next reveal will be Sunday, Feb. 3rd.

Questions?  Feel free to ask for help or clarification!


Linda

22 comments :

  1. We're having some trouble getting the linky tool embedded. We'll get it fixed as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linky Tool is working--hop on in! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda!
    Thanks SO much for coming up with this idea. It is really keeping me motivated.
    And thanks for featuring my earrings here :)

    I have two blog posts for my two entries...have added both to the linky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful earrings selected to showcase in this first hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful challenge. I am motivated to get so many of my ideas into a real pair of earrings. Thanks for the challenge. I agree, I love Kumi's fold formed leaves! Thank you for featuring my disc earrings in this post. I am honored to included with so many talented folks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the gorgeous earring designs and being introduced to new artists for components is a real BONUS! I also am enjoying creating my earrings. THANKS so much for this challenge -LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting this wonderful challenge! So much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great highlights, Linda, and thanks for the instructions - will be fantastic for future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm so honored to be mentioned! Big Mahalo Linda!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to say "You're welcome" in Hawaiian, but you are!

      Delete
  10. Linda, I do not know why mine is just showing a red X for the pic. if you click on it it open but...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try deleting it and then re-enter it. It means you somehow made a mistake when entering it the first time. Be sure it is linking to the earring post. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for hosting this challenge as it keeps me at the bead table. There are so many wonderful earrings and I love the ones you chose to feature here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry Linda, I can make the earrings, I can take the photos, but the technology defeats me! I have really enjoyed doing this and will try to master the linky tool properly by the next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you send me the link for your earrings, I will enter them for you.

      Delete
  13. Linda I posted the same pic.. because of the red X you nac delete # 34 from what was the fowled up FB post... sorry for teh mixup..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just blogged and posted my link above - thanks for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous selections!! Congrats everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the 1st reveal, Linda...nice choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great selections! This has been a fun challenge so far. Looking forward to the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi - I just tried to add a pair of earrings and they got posted before I managed to crop them. Can I re-do it? Does it matter that the thumbnail just shows the top of them? I'm going to put them on Pinterest. Thanks, Claire (cl.lockwood@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great collection, thanks for sharing this. Love it so much.


    you can also visit my site Earrings

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.