Monday, October 1, 2012

Mismatched Monday: Earrings and Inspiration

I'm happy to bring you the brand new "Mismatched Monday"!  Twice a month I'll be posting mismatched earrings and the very things that inspired them!
This month's earrings were inspired by this fall scarf I picked up at Target a few weeks ago.

I wanted to create earrings that were fun yet simple, as the scarf should remain the focal of my outfit.  I pulled some of the most prominent colors from the scarf into my earrings using gemstones.  I also found these fabulous little acrylic charms in my bead stash that worked perfectly.
Materials:
Acrylic charms from MyElements by Yvonne
Assorted gemstones (citrine, garnet, carnelian, honey jasper, amethyst) from Rings & Things
Chain from Primitive Earth Beads
Wire and findings from Patina Queen
Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

17 comments :

  1. this matchy matchy girl really loves your mismatchyness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No pix! I want to see those shoulder dusters in action! They look great! Are they heavy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not heavy at all! They are light and swingy!

      Delete
  3. Those are really fun. And swingy looking. I agree we need action shots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a great pair of earrings!! That scarf is gorgeous, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mismatched idea. The earrings look so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love yours! Makes me want to go redo mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great earrings. Now that I have tried this I know it requires quite bit of thought to pull it off!! You did it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cool, I really must try that more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are über cute, Diana. I would love to get over my fear of "mismatching"... that, along with other asymmetric design, I find challenging. Must come from a childhood when everything had to coordinate LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique, did you join Diana's mismatched earring swap? You should have!

      Delete
  11. What a pretty scarf! And the earrings you made to go with it are perfect. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, I love this idea of mismatched monday! Those earrings are darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I totally applaud you, but I would not be able to handle my earrings being different! I'm so goofy anyway, people would never notice that they were actually a pair. They'd just smile and say, "Bless her heart".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I'm really looking forward to the Mismatched Artbead Earring reveal on October 16th. (http://vintagebluestudio.typepad.com/vintage_blue_studio/2012/09/mismatched-art-bead-earring-swap-rules-sign-ups.html) Making mismatched earrings was way more difficult than I anticipated. Thanks for the creative nudge.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.