Monday, March 31, 2014

March Component of the Month Reveal

Today is the big reveal for my component and I'm bursting to see what everyone's made!


These luna moths have been handmade and carved from porcelain clay. After the glaze firing, they were coloured with precious metal lustres in gold, copper, platinum and lilac.

It was as much of a challenge for me as the rest of the team, as I hardly ever use my own components in my designs, but these moths are one of my favourite things to create so I had fun working out what to do with one!

As well as sending moths to members of the AJE team, there were two guest designers chosen to join us in the challenge.

I hope you'll come along and see what we've all created!

Guest Artists
Helen Simon – Helen's had to drop out due to a hand injury - get well soon Helen!

The AJE Team
Caroline Dewison – http://www.blueberribeads.co.uk 
Jenny Davies-Reazor - http://www.jdaviesreazor.com/blog/
Rebekah Payne - www.treewingsstudio.com

Caroline

No comments :

Post a Comment

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.