Monday, March 10, 2014

Scratch Foam

Today I'm going to share some of my newest Foam Board Textures.


I really like this long and lean design, I made several mistakes which I was able to disguise (below) but I think I'll try this one again and see if I can do a better job!




I've had it in my mind for awhile to use the coptic cross shape and do some original texture in them and I really love results! 
I should have taken a picture of these before I rolled the copper on it, they would have looked much prettier without all that copper left behind but I was too excited to see what they looked like.


Very Tribal inspired, I haven't even cleaned these up so they are very rough around the edges.


I'm really looking forward to firing these.

Now for some bloopers, these could not be saved!


I didn't even see how much it looked like a flag until I rolled the copper on to it, I tried to doctor it up but nothing worked.


I know you can't see much with that sign over the top but you're not missing anything.
I rolled copper on to it to see what it looked like but nope, it is a reject!

Sometimes you can't tell what it's going to look like until you roll it out,
and sometimes rolling it out doesn't help one bit.

Click HERE to see one of my previous Scratch Foam posts.

Kristi

3 comments :

  1. I like that first shape and texture and the little crosses are great! This foam looks easy to work with if unforgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative way to make some shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the primitive quality these pieces have. It makes me think of Mexican folk art.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.