Saturday, December 21, 2013

End Of Year AJE Earring Challenge

Welcome to the last AJE Earring Challenge Reveal.  We are so happy that you have chosen to play along with us.  I think there must be many of you who, like me, did not have new earrings every single week in 2013, but who made an effort to keep up with the challenge as best you could.  Congratulations to you!
Some of my earrings displayed in a wooden cigar box that team member, Francesca Watson gave me.
I sold a lot of earrings during my last (and only) Christmas show, so I was glad I'd made so many over the course of this past year. I hope that many of the earrings you made have found new homes too.
Two of my earring displays at a recent Christmas show.
Here are a few of the earrings that caught my eye, from the past 2 weeks.

These earring were made by Claire Fabian.  I love the ancient, rustic look she achieved on her handmade polymer components!
This next pair of earrings, by Alice Peterson features beaded beads by AJE team member Kristen Stevens and lampwork by Dancing Frog Jewelry.  The lampwork and beaded beads look spectacular together.
And finally, I want to highlight this pretty pair of earrings by Mon Urkhart. The beautiful bead-woven Forget-Me-Nots were made by Nancy Dale. I was not familiar with Nancy's work until I wrote today's blog post.  Her bead weaving is gasp-worthy!  You should visit her Etsy shop and blog.

Did some of you manage to get all 52 pairs of earrings made?  Please let us know in the comments below. Curious minds want to know!  And congratulations to all of us who took on such a big challenge.

This will be my last post for 2013.  I want to thank all our readers and my teammates for the many ways you have enriched my life this past year.  I wish you the happiest of holidays.


If you have earrings to share this week, be sure to link up for this last reveal.  Enjoy!

Linda
Linda Landig Jewelry – ArtFire 
Linda Landig Jewelry – Etsy
 

7 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed the challenge of creating a pair of earrings a week and
    I did it. I thought we would have 1 more posting so I have 2 more ready!

    There were lots of rewards doing this challenge. I met a lot of wonderful designers and bead makers. I learned a lot about designing. I built a nice inventory of earrings. I sold lots of earrings. All benefits from this. I hope we continue in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go back and check :) but it looks like I was there for most of the biweekly hops in the 2nd and 3rd quarters... the 4th quarter was a bigger "challenge" for me. Nevertheless, I found it a great learning experience as a new designer, and enjoyed seeing the many interpretations offered by everyone. Thanks for having me along, and I wish everyone the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing year, I so enjoyed seeing all the beautiful earrings everybody created!! I big thank you to all who participated!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this year long challenge and seeing what everyone else made. It seems it went so fast and I'm sad to see it end. Thank you for hosting this. Like Linda, I thought we had another week............?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if I started a little bit later in this challenge (thanks for letting me play along even if I only was able to join in april) I really enjoyed it! In between I was also struggling due to a lot of reasons, life always seems to throw it all at once onto one ;) But still I so enjoyed seeing all the other creations. If there is an email in my folder about a new pin I always open it instantly. Thanks you so much for hosting this great challenge and blog hop and I also hope it will be continued in 2014!

    *waves*
    Claire

    PS: And thanks for showing my earrings! This pair is one of the few I just keep for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping up with this challenge except for this last reveal where I was short one pair. I too started in April so it was a shorter run for me than for some of you.

    This challenge was a great motivator for me to get more creative and to use those art beads I've been hoarding. It also introduced me to tons of new artisans to buy new pretties from!

    Count me among the ranks of folks who would love to either see the earring challenge continue or for AJE to host some other type of creative challenge for 2014. I think it would be a bit harder to commit to a necklace or bracelet a week (at least for me!) but maybe the time frame could be adjusted. Looking forward to what 2014 might bring!

    Happy Holidays everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been good to see them all! I completed my challenge (hadn't been linking them here because they don't all meet the 'contain an art component' criteria - some are semi-precious and wire, some are seed beaded).

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.