Saturday, July 20, 2013

Working with distractions

Yesterday, Linda shared how she had been inspired by the flowers around her while she and her husband were away celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. That got me thinking about how distracted I've been from my studio, wanting to enjoy my own surroundings. It's so hard to stay in the studio making the same "old" beads over and over again when so many lovely things are growing and blooming outside!

So this morning I went out with a plan to enjoy that distraction by capturing some new inspiration and putting it to good use!





Back inside I got out my molding compound and got busy…

Here my new molds are curing. In just a little bit I'll pull the flowers out and see if I have anything worthy of new beads—that will be my post in two weeks! See you then!



What things have been distracting you from your studio this summer? Have you found a way to harness that distraction and turn it into inspiration… and maybe a new creation? Do share!



12 comments :

  1. Lovely Rebekah!! I've been playing with using plant material as molds as well. I'll probably share them too. Look forward to seeing what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fabulous Kristi! It will be fun to see what we each create! :-)

      Delete
  2. Some of my favorites! Can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be distracted by that garden too! Beautiful photos! I can't wait to see the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering if you would be kind enough to show mold that turns out well, sow it filled with polymer clay, and then sow final product. I am trying to learn how this works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Kathy! :-) For my next post I'll get some more photos of the whole process and write a mini tutorial for you all… I always enjoy making tutorials!!

      Delete
    2. This would be awesome! I have been playing around with polymer clay creations too. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and talent. :-)

      Delete
  5. Are you using the 2-part compound from CoolTools, Rebekah? I want a fast silicone. It is such a hassle to order and wait for stuff when you are in the middle-of-nowhere (so basically I am looking for a cheat sheet LOL). Can't wait to read about the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the 2 part five minute cold molding compound from Art Clay World USA. It gets great detail and no mold release is needed—fabulous stuff!

      Delete
  6. Loved your flower pictures and was tickled to find that my post had sparked some ideas for you! Can't wait to see your new work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW you were inspired and I am anxiously anticipating what the results are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.