Friday, November 20, 2015

Crescent Flower Tutorial

I had so much fun creating this piece I just had to share it.  And for those of you who read through to the bottom there is a surprise announcement.  So without further ado I present you all with my Crescent Flower Tutorial.


Materials list:

  • Czechmate Crescent beads 
  • Rounduo beads - Potomac Beads 
  • 15/0 seed beads 
  • 11/0 seed beads

1) Pick up 8 11/0 seed beads.  Form a circle by passing though only the first bead added.  You will be making several passes through.
2) Pick up 1 11/0 seed bead and pass through the next 11/0.  Continue all the way around for a total of 8 beads and exit through the first bead added in this step.
3) Pick up 11/0, 15/0, 11/0 and pass through the next up bead creating a picot.  Pass through the next three beads and repeat all the way around.
4) Exit the next three beads in base circle.  Repeat step 3 adding picots on top of first picots. 
5) Weave through beads to exit top 11/0 in top picot.
6) Pick up 15/0, Crescent and 15/0.  Depending on which way you are stitching will determine how the crescent sits you want the points facing inwards.  Go through the 11/0 in the bottom picot.
7) Pick up 15/0, go up through crescent
8) Pick up 15/0 and pass through top 11/0 at the beginning of step
9) Go through all the beads just added to reinforce. Weave through beads to exit top 11/0 in next picot set.
10) Weave through to exit bottom 15/0 of picot.
11) Pick up 2 11/0 and pass through 15/0, 11/0, 15/0 of next picot.
12) Repeat step 11 and exit first 2 11/0 added.
13) Pick up Rounduo pass through 2 11/0 on opposite side
14) Pass through second hole of rounduo and through first 2 11/0 beads.  Repeat to reinforce.
15) With thread exiting rounduo pass through 2 11/0 beads on the side and repeat to reinforce.
16) Weave through to exit second hole of round duo and repeat step 15 on opposite side.


The next steps are for attaching the flowers.


17) Weave through beads to exit back side of crescent 15/0.  Pick up 3 11/0 creating a picot, weave through to exit middle 11/0
18)  Pick up 8 11/0 and pass through starting 11/0 and next two 11/0
19) Pick up 11/0 and pass through next 2 11/0
20) Repeat step 19 adding 3 new 11/0 as "points" pass through the last 2 11/0 skipping the "point beads" weave through to the top 11/0
21) Pick up 11/0 pass through the 15/0, 11/0, 15/0 in next flower.
22) Pick up 11/0 and pass through "point" 11/0 in first flower.  Reinforce and knot as desired.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial.  I have decided that I love playing with beads so much that I will be making and sharing more of my original designs with you all.  Let me know what you think of this design and if you would like to see more.  I would like to get you as addicted as I am to weaving with cool beads.

So I promised a surprise.  I was approached by the folks over at Potomac Bead Company and they will be making a YouTube video of this design.  I can not wait for that and as soon as it is up I will let you know or you can click the link to subscribe.

6 comments :

  1. Love your pattern and do like that it isn't a turtorial as this way I can print it out and do it as I want. So hope you'll have more of these as Do appreciate this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice I am planning to do more of these and I am so happy you like it.

      Delete
    2. Janice I am planning to do more of these and I am so happy you like it.

      Delete
  2. Love this pattern and I will be waiting for the YouTube video. I love beading with all different types of beads

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bracelet is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tutorial. Congratulations about getting a video made for the website!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.