Monday, August 17, 2015

Countdown to Bead Fest!

Today is Monday the 17th. I depart for Bead Fest in 3 days, and a few miscellaneous hours. Set up on Thursday - with a stint as airport shuttle. Then Friday we can let the wild rumpus start!  (Thank you Mr. Sendak for that one.) 

My glaze fort. Please note coffee aka elixir of life; and Netflix on iPad. Currently binge watching West Wing. 

In the last few weeks I have been spending most time in the Glaze cave aka basement studio, where I barricade myself in with jars of glaze and underglaze. And I paint, and I paint. My pieces are so detailed, and involve multiple layers of glaze. Base coat, shadows, highlights... as if I was painting in watercolors. Then a coat of clear glaze over the underglaze colors. I love that each piece is individual and unique...

I have new designs this year that I have added to my Mythic Nature line of ceramic pendants. All the favorites will be in attendance at Bead Fest, and there are new orcas - thanks to Lindsay, barn owls, sleeping foxes, and the Mermaid of Zennor. A Cornish folktale, her inspiration is carved in wood on a church pew. (St. Senara's Church in Zennor UK)

 I currently have a small kiln at home, and larger kilns to use at the studio where I teach. All my pendants are fired at home in my workhorse! (Olympic doll kiln). Its not large, but I love that I can fire it fast and frequently!
Approximately 50 pendants in a load, each suspended on a hook, from a bar of the bead tree... 

 Then there is the polymer. And the resin. Oh my! 

All the polymer is still in progress. Theres a lot to do in three days... 

So as of this writing - its pricing and sorting time!

Mythic Nature pendants fresh from my little kiln.
Look what has arrived! I will have a selection of treasures from Lesley Watt with me (and her) at Bead Fest!
Lesley's loot teaser pix! 

If you are in need - here is a discounted admission coupon! Stop by Artisan's Alley and say Hello! 

Hey, pssst Fill in my name as the "Referring vendor" ok? Thanks. 

6 comments :

  1. You've been really busy, but what lovely treasures you have made. They are beautiful.
    Wish I could attend the Bead Fest but can't afford the airline ticket (plus the cost of hotel and meals etc.) They are a lot of fun and so full of temptations, much too easy to over spend.

    Well maybe next year, when my bank account has recovered some. :) Have fun and a safe and pleasant trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After having missed (had to cancel!) the last two Phila BeadFests (due to illness and injury).. I am going this week!! Yay! Signed-up for 14 OMG classes and looking forward to browsing the Show Hall in-between! Can't wait to see your creations, in-person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only Bead Fest was on the West Coast...sigh. At least, I have the internet. Thanks for the glimpse into your cave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely Jenny. Have fun at Beadfest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy lady you have been! Great work on everything but I totally LOVE those little barn owls! How cute are they! If I were going to Bead Fest, they would be the first thing I would buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was awesome being able to see all these lovelies up close at beadfest. Beautiful components I will try not to hoard but create with lol.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.