Monday, June 22, 2015

Simple Summer Pendants

Now that summer is finally here (thank goodness), I don't really want to spend my time locked inside the office making intricate jewelry while the weather is gorgeous. Instead, I'll make a bunch of simple art bead pendants that are perfect to slip on a ball chain necklace and wear with my tank tops.

By the Sea pendant
Just stack a few coordinating beads together, hang them from a ball chain and you are ready to go!

By the Sea: 
Porcelain anchor bead: Suburban Girl Studio LLC
Polymer seashell pendant: Second Surf

Flower Power pendant

What I love about this is I can whip something up in 15 minutes.  So if I buy a new top and have nothing to go with it, 15 minutes later I've got a cute handmade pendant.

Flower Power: 
Stoneware pendant & beads: Suburban Girl Studio LLC

Assorted Ball Chain
And ball chain is inexpensive and comes in a wide variety of sizes and colors.  You can have a whole assortment on hand to mix and match with your new pendants!

Floral Fire pendant
If you do craft shows, this is also a great way to add a lower price-point (but quality) item to your booth.

Floral Fire:
Lampwork beads: SueBeads

Tropical Punch pendant
Tropical Punch:
Hand-painted acrylic bead: MyElements
Ceramic charm: White Clover Kiln

Catch of the Day pendant
In addition to stacking pendants, you can also whip up a few charms and then just slide the charms on to the ball chain.  I made this set for the bead cruise and I'll be wearing it again on my Bermuda cruise in a couple of weeks!

Catch of the Day:
Metal clay fish: Staci Louise Originals

Lilac Loop pendant
Lilac Loop:
Porcelain loop: Suburban Girl Studio LLC
Hand-painted acrylic bead: MyElements

There are so many fun options with this style.  If you are stressed making something more intricate, take a break, grab just a few beads and make yourself a simple pendant!

Happy Beading!


10 comments :

  1. Cute designs, Diana! Sometimes less is more. :) I'm so impressed (and maybe a little jealous) of how perfect your loops look... especially the big ones. You've inspired me to sit down and make some easy fun pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's 11+ years of practice right there! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love! All beautiful but I'm partial to the first necklace with the beachy vibe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE them!!! Where did you get the awesome ballchain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MyElements carries the ball chain in colors. The regular stuff can be purchased from a ton of vendors on Etsy and even from some of the big bead companies like Rings & Things.

      Delete
  4. I adore Tropical Punch and Lilac Loop! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these designs! And what a good idea to add lower price point pieces like these to a collection. I just bombed my Pinterest page with these so I don't forget all the ideas they inspired! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun. Love these and the idea of simple pendant style necklaces are really in for summer. What great combos you put together. Love the Tropical Punch - such fun summer colors and I'm a sucker for fish designs. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect timing Diana. I have a show on Sunday and I think I'll whip up some simple pendants to add to the more elaborate stuff. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute designs! I've never been much of a fan of the ball chain but you've completely changed my mind with these, they look fab!

    Claire xo
    Beads Jar UK

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.