Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Organizing Art Beads, How I Reached Hoarder Status, and January Component of the Month Challenge



In early December I bought this organizational storage cart at Joann Fabrics at 60% off specifically for organizing my art bead components in the shallow top drawers (I haven't done anything with the deeper drawers yet).

Immediately after getting this storage container, I started filling it up. I had so many treasures from Bead Fest that were still sitting in baggies in my studio and difficult to find, it was just sad. I decided to separate the components by my AJE team from everyone else. And oh. my. gosh. I've reached hoarder status.


This is the top drawer, completely filled with AJE goodies. 

Embarrassing as this is, the good news is we're having a "Use your AJE stash" design challenge this month. While there is no way I could use ALL this in one month, I will be attempting to use more than one component. 

Do you have components by any of the 14 AJE teammates in your stash? (see the list of current team members to the right) It's time to get them out and use them! Just make sure you let us know you want to be part of the blog hop on January 31st by commenting with your blog address below. 


10 comments :

  1. This is great I have lots of components from Caroline and Lesley count me in I would love to join in :D Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to join in too please. I have a few ok maybe more than few from Caroline Dewison and Lesley Watt :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my blog add http://www.buttonedupbeads.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, you know the collective noun for beaders is "hoard", right?

    I will participate in the blog hop of items made with AJE team members items. I have been hoarding many of your team members elements. www.susandolphindelaney.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry forgot to add my blog address
    http://christinesjewellerybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in this time for the first time. I won a pair of Melissa's beautiful components. I have selected beads to go with them and two other hoarded components. I have the first piece almost completed.
    b.pancakebeads@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Jen you should be proud of your stash not embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in. My blog address is http://bay-moon-design.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a little box for each of my AJE buds but no where near as much as you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK I need a January challenge! I know I have pieces from Karen, Kristi and Lesley (somewhere). http://trudgintheroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.