Saturday, January 25, 2014

February 2014 Component of the Month...Fluttering Hearts!

Hi dear readers!  I jumped in and signed up to host the February Component of the Month challenge, here at AJE!  I decided to go with hearts!  Yes, I know hearts are a bit cliche for February, but I promise, my hearts are anything but cliche!

Here are a few I created for this challenge!  All hand-fabricated copper, with enamel and glass frit....


All  hearts are just over an inch in diameter and are organically formed of copper, enameled and embellished with glass frit.  Connector holes are varied...3 for a y-shaped connector, 2 vertical holes, 2 horizontal holes, 1 hole for straight top hanging, and 1 hole for a skewed hanging.

Would you like a chance to create a design with one of my hearts?  I will be giving away 3 hearts to random designers.  Please leave a comment below if you would like a chance...I will choose a heart for you, similar to the pictured ones above. You must have a blog, commit to creating a jewelry design with the offered component, and blog about your design during the designated blog hop date which will be on the last day of the month, or thereabouts (subject to change via the AJE blog).  I will choose the winners and announce them on Wed, 1/29/14!! Good luck!

Melissa Meman
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.

23 comments :

  1. Those are super fun, Melissa! I especially like the way you put 3 holes in some of them... gives you some options for how to incorporate them into the design. I'd love to play with one of your hearts. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a chance to design with one of your components. They're all awesome! -- Stephanie (berlinweiss@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to win one of those lovely, and unique hearts - they are so different! A good thing when it comes to such a familiar shape. Such gorgeous colours =) My blog (which is very new!) is here: http://bluemerlincreations.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those hearts and would really like to have the possibility to create with one of them ...
    Alenka

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful hearts. They would be fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love enameled pieces and these hearts are so different. I would like the opportunity to work with one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hearts! It'll be fun to make a necklace with one of them. Thank you!
    http://oksanalikesit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hearts,, Melissa. Would love the opportunity to design with one.

    Carolyn
    Carolynscreations@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a blog and commit to make a piece with your great heart. I would love to work with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooohhhh how lovely! I'd love the opportunity to create with one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are absolutely gorgeous and I would love to have a chance to take part in your challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so great! are you also going to have some for sale?!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these hearts and have ideas already on how to create something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What super cool hearts! I would love to be entered in the drawing. I do have a blog and would love to make something with one of these hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spectacular Melissa! I love the fluttery edges, they make me think of petunias! The glass frit is a stroke of genius, and I love the slightly domed shape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. they are absolutely beautiful! Anything made with them would be a treasure. They would definitely have a spot on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These caught my eye right away. would love to be entered into the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your enameled hearts! I fell in love with enameling myself about a year ago after purchasing my first torch. I have worked with earthenware clay for over 30 years, but I love the instant gratification that the torch provides. I would love to give a whirl to designing around one of your lovely hearts. www.creativeclaycafe.com ...deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could really do with a New Year creative boost! Been out of the blogging game far too long, and these look just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous and I agree that having the three holes makes them very versatile - my mind is racing with ideas already!
    I'm also new to the blogging world but am loving finding new bead and component artisans. I hope I can be part of this awesome challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Melissa I have been reading your blog and learning from it for some time now. I would be honored to work with one of your beautiful hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! I would love to play with one of your beautiful hearts! (melissa_trudinger@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh goodness, these are beautiful! I love the fun colors and shape. It's a fresh play on an old shape :) I hope I can work with one of these!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.