Saturday, January 18, 2014

Enjoying the Colors of Winter

I find it's very easy sometimes to overlook the beauty of winter for the bitter cold of it, but the other morning when I woke up to this, I couldn't help but pause and enjoy (And shiver, of course!). The colors are subtle, but they're definitely there. There's a beautiful softness to each hue. I would be one happy bead artist if I had the ability to combine colors just a tiny fraction as beautifully and perfectly as they are arranged in nature!




And so, to remind us to enjoy the beauty despite the cold, I put together a treasury of some of my favorite winter finds:

'The Beautiful Shades of Winter' by TreeWingsStudio

Some say winter is oh-so drab, but if you take the time to look, you'll always find such beautiful colors hidden in the cold. Enjoy!


Tiny Flowers Charms
$16

Lampwork Beads - SueBeads - ...
$25

Large leaf beads, czech Glas...
$2.5

Woodland Sparrow Bird in Ear...
$20

Moss Ceramic hand carved win...
$4

Tribal Dangles
$3

Handmade Lampwork Ivory Etch...
$19.99

Lake in Winter, Landscape Ph...
$30

Fine Art Print-Andes Ice For...
$12

Handmade Large Polymer Clay ...
$10

Porcelain bird earrings, Bro...
$26

Set of 6 Carved, Patterned, ...
$30

Blue Matte Stoneware Coin Ch...
$14

Silver and Brass Hammered Le...
$35

Ceramic Tree Bark Pendant - ...
$14

Earthy Snowflake
$8.95

Nature is always my greatest inspiration! I hope you'll be inspired this weekend — go enjoy some beautiful winter sights and see where it takes you in your creating!

Happy Saturday!




3 comments :

  1. Oh I agree! I have been inspired by the same white/gray/black/brown/tawny palette for the last month or so, and I have a strand of Botswana agate that I am dying to use--it has all these colors, plus here and there a hint of peachy winter sky. I love your photos, especially the dried shrubs encased in ice. (makes me want to use my clear quartz too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post of finding beauty in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos...even though ice storms are so destructive, they are the prettiest to look at since the world is encased in a layer of "glass" that dazzles when the sun is out. And glass is my favorite...

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.