Since I had a positive response to the WoolyWire beads I made for both the AJE January and November Component of the Month challenges, I thought I would share how to make them.
They are super easy!
- 8" of WoolyWire
- 5mm jump ring mandrel or dowel
- Wire cutters
- 1 pair of round nose pliers
- 1 pair of chain nose pliers
1. Find the center of the length of WoolyWire and use your fingers to wrap it around the mandrel.
2. Continue wrapping the wire around the mandrel until you have approximately 2" left on each side.
3. Remove the wire from the mandrel and use your chain nose pliers to turn each end up.
4. Use your round nose pliers to form a simple loop. Grasp the top of the loop with your chain nose pliers and then use your fingers to wrap the wire twice. Snip the excess wire with your cutters.
5. Tuck the ends of the wire into the bead using the tips of your chain nose pliers. (For additional tips on ending WoolyWire, check out Genea's post.