My latest passion is enameling - I mean, fire, metal, hammers (if I choose), and glass in tons and tons of colors! What's not to love??! Then blending and layering those colors, experimenting with the amount and placement of the heat to get different effects, putting transparents over opaques... well, it could keep a person busy for a lifetime. Thank goodness!!
So here's what I came up with for you:
These are hand-cut copper discs, about 1" across and lightly domed. Each one has been layered with multiple brilliant colors and heated to create an organic mottled look - these remind me a little of the colors of certain shells when you pick them up wet out of the waves. Each one has been accented with three tiny fine silver "pebbles," hand set into the enamel when it is hot. A single hole at the top of the disc is ready for your jump ring or bail.
Here's how the giveaway, challenge, and blog-hop will work (please read all the information carefully!):
- I will give away 1 component to each of 5 winners selected randomly from those who leave comments below this post. I'll choose the color, so you'll be surprised!
- Please include your EMAIL address in your comment so that I can contact you ASAP should you win.
- Please (PLEASE) only leave a comment if you can commit to creating a finished piece and blogging about it on the reveal date.
- The names of the 5 winners will be announced on Monday evening, February 4, 2013.
- Because February is a short month, this giveaway is open to US participants only. (I'm just afraid that components wouldn't get to folks in time if we tried to ship them internationally. Sorry!)
- The blog reveal will be on Thursday morning, February 28, 2013.
So if you want to be entered to receive one of these discs, leave a comment below (with your e-mail address, please!) and check back here on Monday after 6:00 p.m. eastern time to see if you've been selected!