Tuesday, January 15, 2013

On the Workbench: Still Lifes



Like many of you, I headed into the holidays at full speed. There's always so much going on - gifts to finish, shopping to do, items to ship - and no matter how much advance planning goes into the preparations, there are always two or three or seventeen things that come up at the last minute. Usually the two weeks right after Christmas would be when the studio would get cleaned and inventory would be done in preparation for getting our taxes finished. But this year, a little monkey wrench called "The Flu" got thrown into the works - and let me tell you, the capital F Flu is nothing to fool around with.

The result is that three weeks after Christmas, instead of having accomplished our year end tasks and new year's goal setting, our household is slowly climbing out of that haze that comes with having been really sick and reacquainting ourselves with the real world. In my case, that includes my studio, which I haven't seen in nearly a month. So here's an impromptu look at the condition of my studio, in the form of a few still lifes of my workbenches, untouched since the Christmas rush.
Metal Workbench
Glass and Enamel Workstation

Fabrication Table
How is your workspace faring in the New Year? If you've got photos, use the linky tool below to share them - we'd love to see!

Until next time -









POST YOUR STUDIO PHOTOS HERE!

6 comments :

  1. Since I do not have a specific workspace I can not share but I have to tell you I am kinda jealous of what is on yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait until I can get back to it - right now my stamina is still really low. I miss being in that space SO MUCH!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pics of your work benches! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen - me too. And I miss being in that space. Looking forward to getting back to it!

      Delete
  3. You know, I wish my neglected workspace could look that inspiring! Those really are some beautiful pics, and I think I need to know more about that last one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Shirley! That last photo is a pile of unfinished stuff, including a bunch of glass cabs I made that I haven't done anything with and some reticulated silver pendants that are waiting for some new chain. Is that the one you meant?

      Delete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.