Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Book Review - Fine Art Wire Weaving by Sarah Thompson

Jewelry making books, I have almost as many as I do beads, but few are as good as Fine Art Wire Weaving by Sarah Thompson!

Fine Art Wire Weaving

"By combining the weaves with shaping, layering, symmetry, and three-dimensional forming, wire work bursts with a whole new level of possibilities."

"You have never seen projects like this before"

Not only is the book packed full of useful information such as which materials to use, what tools you need, lots of techniques and so many useful tips but there is also an amazing array of beautiful designs at every skill level.
There are 5 beginner projects, 8 intermediate projects and 4 advanced projects (17 projects in total, so great value for money!!) and what was most surprising to me was that with this book I actually started with a beginner project! Normally I want to jump in at the middle but Sarah's designs are so organic with such wonderful textures and shapes that I want to try every project. I particularly like how at the end of most pieces there is a photo of a variation of the project, showing some of the many ways to make each piece your own.

Rivulet Pendant

I also find the lay out of the book really appealing, and well thought out, there are lots of amazing photos (great if like me you are very much a visual learner) and the instructions are clear and easy to follow.









2 comments :

  1. I would love to get into wire weaving! Seems like a book I should get! Thanks for the review. Patricia B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my list to buy.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.