Saturday, June 20, 2015

Horse Bead Roundup

This weekend you'll find me busily working away in my studio making lots of little wild horse beads…  

Horses are such a great inspiration for me and my mind is constantly filled with more ideas than I have time to create! I already have plans to make these same wild horses in other colors and with various new patterns… but my first batch has already raced off to new homes and was followed by requests for more, so I quickly set up a pre-order yesterday morning and got right to work restocking.

These little horse beads are my small way of sharing my love of this magnificent creature! Each one is handcrafted in polymer clay in the worn and rustic style that I love, and inspired by the wild mustangs of my dreams… with a little touch of ornate detailing inspired by the carved wooden horses of India… and of course, a little sprinkling of sweet character inspired by my two best friends and very own noble steeds: Lady and Strider!

I have to say too… I really had quite a blast photographing them! It's not everyday that I have a whole herd of wild horses on my back deck!


And now, for my horse bead roundup! These lovelies below are some of my favorite horses in art jewelry element form… 

Pewter Indian pony bracelet link by KDemARTe
Rustic freeform shape, hammered texture, and tiny tribal patterns—what's not to love?!

Ceramic horse and foal pendant by FireflyDesignStudio
Such sweetness!

Original ink drawing polymer clay pendants and brooches by ChevreFeuille
Probably my very favorite designer of horse pendants, ever! If only I could pick one and make a purchase… ah! but my polymer clay needs eat into my bead budget too much! I often find myself stopping by Christina's shop wondering at what new horses she's created. I love her painterly style—so whimsical and full of life!

Ceramic celtic knot essential oil horse pendants by ThisOnesMineDesigns
Gorgeous rustic texture and pattern on these.

Hand painted mustang on genuine turquoise cuff bracelet by BelleRayneJewelry
I know I'm not the only one who wishes Belle would create her hand painted components for jewelry makers. Her detail is stunning!

Earthenware equestrian pendants by DappledGreyDesigns
Suzanne says she was never quite able to find equine-inspired jewelry that was unique and elegant, and reasonably priced, so she decided to design her own. I'm glad she did! I love the simple sketch-like designs paired up with beautiful glazes.

"Horse at Stream" bronze pendant by virginiamiska
This little chubby horse is way too adorable!

Spirit horse totem pendant by AngelWhisperer
It's no secret that I horde love Birgitta's gorgeous components!

Lampwork horse head silhouette focal bead from AJE's very own SueBeads
Love the beautiful agate-like quality in the swirling of the glass! 

Sterling silver horse portrait bracelet link by RLDesignStudio
I'm always drawn to the beauty of line drawings. The simple lines are so my style and I love how easily a focal like this can be paired up with other components.

Grulla Dun horse lampwork glass pendant by JoyMunshower
I'm amazed at the amount of life-like detail Joy puts into her creations—I'd love to sit in her studio and watch her create one of these beauties!

Fine silver spirit horse pendant by SoulQuestDesigns
One last beautifully simplistic, yet striking, design!

I hope you enjoyed my roundup of these beautiful horse beads, components, and jewelry… and maybe found a few you couldn't live without!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Rebekah Payne
Tree Wings Studio

2 comments :

  1. I am a Mustang fan also...both the four-leggedy fur-baby kind and the Ford hot-wheels kind! These are beautiful, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rebekkah, I love all the horses, but your little mustang beads must make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.